From this page you can access your academic timetable through the link below.
Before doing so, we strongly advise that you read the guidance below; listed is a range of frequently asked questions as well as information on completing online registration, something which must be done before you can view your academic timetable online.
Guidance for students accessing academic timetables online
Answers to the following questions/issues will tell you how your query can be resolved:
1. ACCESS: How do I access my academic timetable online?
2. PASSWORD: I cannot remember my user id or password to logon
3. INDUCTION: Where can I find out my induction timetable?
4. REGISTRATION: Do I need to register to see my academic timetable online?
5. REGISTRATION: I registered more than 48 hours ago and remain unable to access my timetable online
6. MODULES/ CLASSES:I can see my timetable but it shows lots of classes/modules that I have not chosen
7. MODULES/ CLASSES: I can see my timetable but it shows lots of classes at the same time
8. MID-YEAR REGISTRANTS:I started my course before or after September and I cannot see my academic timetable online
9. I am still experiencing problems accessing my academic timetable online
10. Getting in touch with your School office.
**IMPORTANT** YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LOG IN WITH YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD TO ACCESS YOUR COURSE TIMETABLE – THEY ARE ACCESSIBLE IN ‘COURSE TIMETABLES’
You can access your academic timetable online by clicking the Academic Timetable link above, or by typing https://tt.salford.ac.uk directly into an internet browser – the University recommends you use one of the following browsers:
• Google Chrome
• Internet Explorer
**IMPORTANT** - Personal Timetables will available from Monday 22nd September 2014.
To find out if you are eligible for a Personal Timetable, please contact your School office after Monday 22nd September 2014.
You need your username to logon to the online timetable system – this is your network id which is 3 letters followed by 3 numbers e.g. abc123. If cannot remember your network id or password, please contact the ITS Helpdesk on 0161 295 2444.
Your induction timetable can be found at: http://www.getready.salford.ac.uk/inductions
For returning and new Home and EU students:
Please note, you do not need to register in order to view Course Timetables on the Online Timetable Application.
However, in order to view any Personal Timetables you must first register for the 2014/2015 academic year.
This process is known as Online Registration and is now open for the 2014/2015 academic year
• New Home and EU students should already have received a communication from the University telling them exactly when they can register online.
• Returning Home and EU students progressing on their second or subsequent year of study can register now for the upcoming academic year.
You will then need to wait a further 24 – 48 hours before you are able to view your academic timetable online.
For other students:
Please note, if you are a student in any of the following categories, you will not be able to login to view your Personal Timetables until you have completed registration – the arrangements are as follows:
• Returning International students should not register online. You should register for your next year of study when you return to University in September.
• Students taking resits this summer can register once they have received their re-assessment results in early September, and have achieved the necessary marks to progress.
• New International students should not register online. You should register for your first year of study when you arrive at University in September.
Personal Timetables are not available until w/c 22.09.14. If your course/programme is not showing a Personal Timetable via this system after that date, it is unlikely that you your course/programme offers one. Please contact your School after this date to enquire about this.
It will take up to 48 hours after registering before you can access your personal timetable. If after 48 hours you remain unable to access your timetable, please contact the University’ Student Registration team at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact by phone on 0161 295 6948
I can see my timetable but it shows lots of classes/modules that I have not chosen / I can see my timetable but it shows lots of classes at the same time
The timetable you can currently see on the online timetable system is a full programme timetable - this shows all available modules and classes for your course.
Your School will advise you of which groups you have been allocated to for lectures and tutorials for the modules that you will be studying. Your group allocations are most likely to be displayed via the Online Timetabling Application or your School’s Blackboard site.
If you have any questions about your module choices, please contact your School office.
A note for students who started courses at mid-year entry points i.e. all those who did not start in September in the year of commencing studies
Mid-year entry students may find that when accessing academic timetables using the My Programme tab above, the system does not automatically return your programme of study and defaults alphabetically to “A/3DD/F: 3D Design”.
If this is the case, please follow these instructions:
1. Select your Programme of Study and Programme Year if necessary (edit)
2. Click “Generate” and your timetable will be presented – you can also select preferred date ranges if necessary
3. If you have any issues with obtaining a timetable, please contact your School office for assistance
If you are still experiencing problems with your timetable then please email email@example.com.
Please always remember to include your student id (eg @00123456) AND your network id (e.g. abc123) - not including this information in your email will cause a delay in dealing with your enquiry.
School of Arts & Media
T: +44(0)161 295 5990 / E: firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Humanities, Languages & Social Sciences
T: +44 (0)161 295 5990 / E: email@example.com
School of Law
T: +44 (0)161 295 5000
School of Health Sciences
T: +44 (0)161 295 0043 / E: firstname.lastname@example.org
School of the Built Environment
T: +44 (0)161 295 4600 / E: SOBEemail@example.com
School of Computer, Science & Engineering
T: +44 (0)161 295 3223 / E: firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Environment & Life Sciences
T: +44 (0)161 295 4656 / E: email@example.com